In 2003 five people took a leap of faith and their combined sixty plus years of experience and started an agency to provide unlimited services to people faced with a mental or physical challenge, hence the name, Unlimited Services, Inc.
The business started under the direction of Amy Vonderhaar, Michelle Armstrong, Angi Lawson, Johnna Sweers and Barry Armstrong. The humble beginning started out of Guttenberg, Iowa where the initial 24-hour waiver home was opened.
Unlimited Services, Inc. has now transitioned to the main administration office in Guttenberg and the Vocational Center in Manchester. In addition, Unlimited Services provides oversight to 14 residential homes which are located in various communities in Northeast Iowa.
Supported Community Living (hourly or daily), Day Habilitation, Pre Vocational, Supported Employment and Transportation are the main areas of service activity.
Unlimited Services, Inc. is proud to be CARF Accredited and HCBS Waiver Certified.
Mission Statement: “Bringing Independence Home”
Supported Community Living
• To provide community based services
• To provide individuals with disabilities the same choices in life as everyone else
• To provide support to attend leisure activities and assist them in becoming a part of their community
• To provide programming in the community to encourage independence
Program philosophy focuses on the individuals with disabilities and family determining the services and supports they need in order to live as independently as possible and integrated in the communities in which they live
• To provide Organizational and Community Employment Services
• To provide individuals with disabilities the same choices in life to work as everyone else
• To provide support to participate in work activities and assist them in becoming a part of their working community
• To provide programming at Can Do and in the community to encourage working independence
Ready – Developing your personal profile. Explore and identify skills, interest, needs and dreams
Get Set – Learn what’s out there. What type of work fits your personal profile? What is available in your community to help you reach your goal?
Go – Put your career plan into action. What steps does it take to get the right job?